Living and working abroad also involves some costs and life changes. Here are some of the possible challenges that you’ll be faced with while away:
- expensive costs – going to work abroad implies not only recruitment fees but also costs related to passport, visa, emigration clearance, medical examination, insurance;
- dealing with local laws and procedures;
- losing or weakening the contact with your family, your friends, and your network. Due to distance, your current relations will most likely be affected and it can be challenging to make new friends;
- the family left behind at home could be dependent on your remittances;
- leaving behind familiar cultural norms, religious customs, and social support systems;
- potential health problems, including psychological problems such as depression and homesickness.