BEOE usually publishes online the current status of recruitment agencies, or whether they are suspended and with pending cases or complaints. Read more about on their website https://beoe.gov.pk/list-of-oeps?show=active.
The most common indicators or signs of illegal recruitment are the following:
- Does not have a “foreign demand”
- Immediately ask you for fees or payments;
- Does not issue any receipt or invoice; if released, it is generic and does not contain details such as an address, tax identification number, license number, etc.
- Promises to fast track the process for employment application using tourist or visit visa;
- Advices you not to go through an authorised government agency and deal with them exclusively;
- Requires you to have medical examinations even without contract or job assurance;
- Recruits in malls, parks, restaurants, houses and in other places which are not its official or registered address;
- Poses as connected to a high-ranking official or persons with authority;
- Does not disclose or explain in detail the recruitment process or the employment; they are evasive in their answers or information;
- Does not also ask you questions and does not check your background or your skills/knowledge/competencies; they just accept all types of applicants as long as they pay;
- Offers jobs online and requests for bank transfers without meeting in person.
You can find overseas employment either through recruiting agents (public or private agencies) or through your own effort.