Job placements provided through the OEC
Korea is a developed country that has signed an agreement with Pakistani government through ‘Overseas Employment Corporation’ to recruit workers for the labor market of Korea.
PRE-REGISTRATION CHALLAN FORM DOWNLOAD
Getting South Korea work visa through ‘OEC’ can help you earn minimum PKR 200,000 minimum monthly. This would also be possible to get accommodation and food opportunities from the Employer in Korea. On this E9 work visa, you can work in South Korea for 4 years and 10 months. In case you do not change your company, you may apply once again for the visa of same duration.
Here you will know all required information about this visa.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS?
To get South Korea work visa, you need to understand simple steps to apply for this visa. There are 5 basic steps that will lead you to get the visa successfully.
Step 1- Applying for Pre-Registration
For getting this work visa you will have to apply for pre-registration on the official website of OEC Pakistan (current application dates will remain opened from 7th March 2019 till 14 March 2019).
For this online pre-registration, you will also have to pay Rs.1000 through HBL bank account 0112-79010451-03 (click here to download fees challan form)).
If you can’t apply online yourself, you can get the OEC office services for this purpose.
Step 2- Confirming the registration
If you are selected through the process, your name will be included in the list of successful candidates.
You will then have to pay PKR. 3350 in the HBL account 0112-79010451-03. Once paid, you will have to submit original passport with colored copy, CNIC, 2 passport sized photographs with white background and challan receipt of fees paid Rs. 3350 into the OEC office in Islamabad
Step 3- Further Actions
After the successful completion of the first two steps, you will now enter in the practical steps that you must follow to apply for the work visa which are as follows:
- Passing the EPS-TOPIK (Test of Proficiency in Korean)
- Passing the skill test (one may also apply for competency test that will give you extra score to apply, it is optional)
- Making Job application/ Roster making and registration (please note the candidates are selected from the employers on their own will through EPS pool). You choose the job sector.
- Signing the Standard Labor Contract
- Acquiring Preliminary Training
- Entry in Korea/ Employment Entry in Korea/ Employment
1- Passing the EPS-TOPIK (Test of Proficiency in Korean)
Who Can Apply For Korean Language Test?
You can apply for this visa if you:
- have been selected through OEC selection process that is done after pre- registration online
- are between 18 and 39 years of age (male or female both can apply).
- have a Pakistanis computerized passport.
- have pass EPS-TOPIC (Test of Proficiency in Korean) course.
- don’t have more than 5 years’ sojourn in Korea.
- have no criminal record in Pakistan.
- have not been deported from South Korea.
- are not color blind.
OEC Pakistan also offer the classes for the TOPIC preparation. The test is conducted for checking your Reading and Listening skills in Korean language.
|Module||No. of questions||Total points manufactures||Duration|
Once you pass the language test, you will be informed about it on the website of OEC Pakistan. The test result is valid for 2 years.
The passing criteria is:
1st round: EPS-TOPIK- Among the candidates who scored over 44 points out of 100, designated number of candidates will pass in order of highest score. This means candidates with highest scores will be given priority for the results and passing criteria.
2nd round: Skills Test the candidates who pass the Language test, must take Skills test.Fortunately, there’s no need for the extra application to submit. The skill test also has a score of 100 points. But, the applicants, who want to take Competency test for additional 5 points, must submit documents for Competency test within the application period. Please do remember, you can’t move ahead without skill test.
*Source OEC Pakistan
2-Job application/ Roster making and registration
Who can apply for job in South Korea?
Following criteria is made met for applying for a job in South Korea:
- You have passed Korean Language test.
- Your age is between 18 and 40 years.
- Your passport is valid for minimum one year.
- You don’t have more than 5 years’ sojourn in Korea.
- You have never been deported from Korea.
- Your medical condition is good deems OK for the standards of South Korean government medical standards.
- You hold no criminal record nor been involved in any in the past.
Once all this is done, you can apply for a job in the office of OEC Pakistan office (office addresses are in the end of this page). You will have to fill in designated application form for this purpose that will be provided to you by OEC offices.
It is necessary for you to apply for the job within the validity period of your language test (2 years). The validity of the job term is within the year of approval. If you are unable to sign the contract and the time has passed, you can again apply for the job application in the desired EPS pool.
3- Signing of contract
Once you get the job contract that is handed over to OEC Pakistan by HRD South Korea, you can read all the details about your job timings, wages, payment for extra hours, place of working area and occupation, holidays, and wages receiving date etc. Probation period can applied maximum 3 months and the period can be estimated from the day of beginning of actual work. 10% can be deducted from the minimum wage or more is going to be paid for the foreign worker under probation period. If you are not satisfied with the job contract conditions, you can refuse signing it. But if you refuse signing it with the terms of employer second time, the job term will be then only for one year.
4- Preliminary training and contents
After signing the contract and being approved by the employer altogether, you go through a preliminary training of minimum 45 hours by the OEC Pakistan to get to know the following points:
- Korean language course
- Understanding of Korean culture
- Understanding of Employment Permit System
- Basic training such as industrial safety
- Education by industry
5- Applying for visa and Entry in Korea
CCVI (Certificate for Confirmation of Visa Issuance) and VISA
- When the labour contract concluded between employers and foreign workers, employers can apply for CCVI of the worker to Ministry of Justice of ROK. MOJ issues CCVI after examining each worker
- Foreign workers who got issued CCVI apply for visa to the Korean Embassy in the Pakistan through the OEC
Entry schedule setup
- Those who got issued visa shall be prepared to enter Korea on the day scheduled by HRD Korea such as flight ticket reservation.
- Labor contract and medical check-up certificate need to be carried before entry to Korea
- Entry to Korea and Employment Training
- When entering Korea, foreign workers need to wear uniforms and name tag distributed by OEC
- Workers enter Korea on scheduled day by HRD Korea shall be guided to the Employment Training Centre after going through entry formalities under HRD Korea’s & CWA Wing’s guidance at the airport.
- Foreign workers shall complete Employment Training after entry in Korea